Letter from the CEO
[UPDATED] April 18, 2020
First, we would like to thank the doctors, nurses, first responders and everyone involved in treating those afflicted with the COVID-19 virus. The safety and the well-being of our employees, our customers, and our families, is always our top priority - and therefore we have taken steps to increase safety throughout the manufacturing and shipping process during this time.
We are shipping orders. However, we are now waiting on a battery shipment that we had to ship by sea. All of the air shipping priority is going to PPE for doctors and nurses (as it should be). Our air shipping packages were so delayed that we had to make the decision to move to sea shipping, as it is the only reliable shipping method for us right now. We are tracking our shipments constantly - the sea shipping takes 14 days to Los Angeles Port and then another 4-5 days for customs. At that point we will be able to build/test/ship all backlogged orders within a week. This means that boards should start going out in roughly 14 days. However, the backlog build time makes it likely a 4 week wait for each order.
We manufacture in the USA, so we have complete control over our supply chain and manufacturing processes and are not subject to the same delays and setbacks that others have experienced that manufacture abroad. We also work with small shops abroad (10 employees or less) so we are very nimble and were able to get up and running a lot faster than most companies.
Here are the steps we implemented:
1) We have created a temporary unlimited sick day policy so that any employee showing any symptoms or sickness can stay home regardless of outstanding sick days they have left.
2) All employees not involved in manufacturing are working remotely from home.
3) For manufacturing employees, we have added shifts around the clock so that there is only one employee per office or room at any given time or maintain a minimum distance of 25 feet.
4) All factory employees wear face protection and hand protection throughout the shift, and all doorknobs/light switches/tool handles/etc are wiped down with alcohol at the beginning and end of each employee shift.
5) All products are wiped down with alcohol during the boxing step.
6) We have temporarily halted all overnight shipping so that each box is in transit for at least two days.
7) Finally, we have temporarily halted all non-manufacturing employee visits to our factory.
These steps will ensure the safety of our employees and customers. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly aaron (at) summerboard (dot) com.
Otherwise, we look forward to shipping your board to you and adding some joy, exercise and energy release to the daily lives of our customers around the world!
Thank you so much,